Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Back in Action

So, remember the time my one week foot injury running hiatus turned into a two week running hiatus?!?
(Ok, so I ran a total of 4 miles total the second week so that's basically a hiatus for me!)

UGH! does anyone else want to rip their eyeballs out cos they used "you" instead of "your"?!?!

I knew I was getting into a holding pattern if I didn't get my ass back out there!
So last week, I did the smartest thing I could possibly do!!
I hounded the girls I was just starting to run with and made them tell me when they were running so I could commit to being there.
Raise your hand if you need accountability!

Last Monday, a group of about 11 of us got together to run for 45 minutes.
It was a nice, slow, easy run and we got about 4.5 miles done in that time frame.


Tuesday night, our group diminished tremendously down to 3 as mile repeats were on the agenda.
We started out with a 10 minute warmup.
Then the 1st and 2nd miles were done at 10k pace (or less) followed by a 4 minute rest after each.
Miles 3 and 4 were done at 5k pace (or less) with a 4 minute rest after each.
Then about a 5 minute cool down.
All together it took about an hour and 6 miles total completed.

My Garmin went crazy funky town during my mile 3 so I have no idea what my splits were!
I was bummed since this was my first time doing mile repeats so I was anxious for that data knowledge!
Next time!!

or it just F's up all together!

Thursday, the girls weren't running till 8:15 pm, and I didn't want to miss bedtime with my baby boy, so I went out on my own and did 5 miles.




Friday, the only time I could get it done was at 3:30 in the afternoon.
It was hot as a bitch, but I got my 3.1 miles done.



And Sunday, I met up with 8 others for an awesome 10 mile run!








Total miles logged for the week (Mon-Sun): 28.5


Damn it feels good to be a gangsta back!!



2 comments:

  1. Wow that's incredible! I'm sure if I took a week off I'd be huffing at two miles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LMAO! I love last line in this post.

    Way to make a comeback in a big way!

    ReplyDelete