Monday, December 10, 2012

Half Marathon Training

One week from today.

Some of you may have just crapped your pants thinking I was implying that Christmas was one week away!
But, now that you've checked your calendar to be sure you've indeed got 2 more weeks for that; clean yourself up and let's get back to the matter at hand.

One week from today I will start my half marathon training!
I am super stoked.
If you've been keeping track, you know I'm one of those people that need a goal and a plan.
Anything else is just disorganized! :)

I've decided to follow the Hal Higdon's Novice 2 Plan to get me on my merry Half way!
I might have to change the days up a bit to what works with my schedule.
But you better believe I'm getting ready to print out my calendars for the next 3 months so I know exactly what to do on each day!
(How many of you unorganized biznatches are rolling your eyes at me right now?!?!)

I also have to admit that I'm excited for the Rest Days.
No, not because I'm a slacker.
(ok, perhaps maybe a little....)
But because, when I get on an organized exercise plan, I usually never rest.
My mind can't wrap around the fact that rest days are vital and pretty key in a training program.
So, I'm excited to utilize the rest days and make this training program my bitch!

I need a kickass Playlist for this journey.
PLEASE SHARE YOUR TUNES WITH ME!
What songs get you pumped and which tunes pull you through!

Elle Noel and Mama Laughlin have some pretty banging playlists that I will be printing out, highlighting the ones I want and then downloading them.
(Highlighting??? Really, Kyra?!?!? F yes!)

And this little diddy is constantly stuck in my head and gets me PUMPED so it will be going on my playlist

You're welcome.

What's on your playlist?

1 comment:

  1. If I'm working out, I HAVE to have Lady Gaga "Born This Way" on my playlist! It just does it for me :) But for the rest of the tunes, they all get boring after awhile so I'm looking for a new playlist too! Proud of you for doing a Half Marathon! You're fuggin awesome, you and your organized self! <3 :)

    ReplyDelete