Friday, November 16, 2012

I am a runner

So, my drug of choice this month is running.

I have pledged to pile on the miles rather than the pounds this November.
Not to mention I'm running in the 5K Turkey Trot back home on Thanksgiving day.
(Hell yeah to guilt-free Thanksgiving dinner(s)!! -yes, plural. I've got Thanksgiving lunch at my Grandparents, Thanksgiving dinner at my sister's in-laws, and another Thanksgiving lunch on Saturday with my mom's family. MUST. SHOW. RESTRAINT!!!!)

I've said before that I totally want to be one of those people that have the 13.1 stickers on their cars.
So, I have decided that in 2013, I WILL complete my first half marathon!
All my blogger buddies are totally on the half marathon band wagon and hearing them all talk about how they're signing up to do one has definitely lit a fire under my arse.

So, again, back in my home town, I am going to run the Chambersburg Half in March.
I'm a tad nervous as I've heard the course is quite hilly.
But, for one, it's in Chambersburg.
Two, it's my mom's birthday weekend so I would probably be traveling home anyway.
And three, it's in memory of my brother-in-law's grandfather who was a runner his whole life and actually passed away while running.
Do I need any more reasons?!?!

And, I've been wanting to run the Monument 10K in Richmond, VA for awhile now, so I've decided this is the year I'm going to do it.

Ideally, I was hoping the 10K (April) would fall before the Half (March) to help UP my confidence.
See, I've only completed a 5K.
So, I think I will also be looking to do a 10K in between now and March.

Yes, I am a runner.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! I totally want one of those 13.1 stickers too, my half is in February 2013. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete