Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Priority gives you Progress

Since creating this blog, I've had some people tell me, "I so badly want to lose weight, but ENTER EXCUSE HERE". For the past 10 months my excuse has been, "I have no time!" Taking care of my little guy, working from home part time, fixing Royce's food as well as mine, washing dishes, cleaning the house (which is probably the thing that's been neglected most! - ATTENTION cleaning fairies, my address is...), still maintaining relationships, and not to mention the 50 million other things that can come up in a day! Ok, so to those of you out there that aren't moms, it may not seem like these take up a whole lot of time. But I will have you know, that caring for a baby requires more time than I could have ever imagined! I think my guilt plays a big part into this excuse. Meaning, if I was doing anything else that took time away from my little precious, I felt like I wasn't being the best mother I could be. This is just my personal struggle.

I've finally gotten serious about this weight loss/being healthy thing. And I've realized that if I'm gonna do this, I have to make time for it. Truth be told, you make time for what's important to you. Losing weight and my family are important to me. I do my jumping jacks and push ups and other exercise moves in the living room where Royce is happily playing with his toys. He thinks it's hilarious all the moves that mommy does! (sometimes I think he's honestly thinking, "Look how short of breath she is! And that flabby belly bouncing up and down...now THIS is entertainment!") Michael, Royce and I went to a family member's pool on Saturday and I did water aerobics in the pool while playing with Royce! My morning walks, pushing Royce along in the stroller, now entail some jogging as well! By complete chance, someone at church gave me (FREE) their old jogging stroller! (it is super old and very bare minimum. I have my eye one some that I would eventually like to buy. I think I will make that a prize to myself when I reach a certain weight goal....hmmmm, I like that idea!) I had mentioned in a previous post that I would like to incorporate running back into my regimen but didn't know where to fit it in. Well hello?!?!...Get a jogging stroller and turn that morning walk into a run! So, that's what I'm doing! And I haven't "neglected" my son to do any of these workouts!

It's about getting serious and making the time. No more excuses. If you want it bad enough, Make it a priority! Saying, "I want to lose weight" does not shed those pounds. (SHOCKER!!) So you can either put in the work or be jealous of my results. :) The choice is yours!

Royce getting a kick out of watching mommy work out. Sorry it's blurry, but I didn't want to stop working out to take the pic! :)  
At the pool on Saturday
my FREE Jogging Stroller

2 comments:

  1. That's wonderful that you were given a jogging stroller! I also think a new one would be a great reward gift to yourself for reaching a goal! I've looked into those too, when I had began running, but then I got pregnant, and my doctor said that just walking instead of running would be best since I wasn't already "a runner" before getting pregnant. So anyway, I would like to eventually get one too.

    I think you have great ideas to incorporate working out and spending time with your precious little man. But you're right, you have to make time for what's important to you and be dedicated, and you're doing great! Keep up the good work! I enjoy reading your posts and becoming more and more inspired by you. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe someone will reward you with a newer jogging stroller so you will be a healthier, slimmer, happier 30 year old!
    Love you, Mommy

    ReplyDelete